easy spaghetti bolongese
Member recipe by M_Ni
- for the Bolognese
- 1/2 kg of minced beef (you can use chicken or lamb mince)
- 750 ml beef stock (or two stock cubes, with 750 ml water)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 300 g mushroooms
- 400 g tomatos
- 400 g tomato paste
- 100 g pitted black olives
- 1 tsp oregano (or mixed dried herbs)
- For the pasta
- 300 g spaghetti pasta (any preferred brand)
- pinch of salt
- For the garnish (optional)
- handful of grated parmesan
- Chop the onion into small pieces and crush the garlic. Heat the oil in a large fry pan or wok and cook the onion and garlic until softened but not browned (about 3-5 minutes). Add the minced beef and allow to cook for 20 munites, or until browned all over, making sure that there is no liquid left over from the mince. Add a dash of oil if needed.
- Chop the tomatoes and mushrooms into cubes and add to the mince. Also add stock and tomato paste. Cover partially and simmer for 35 - 45 minutes. Add a little water if the sauce becomes too thick during this time.
- Fill a large sauce pan halfway with water and bring to the boil. Add the pasta and salt and cook according to pack instructions. Once cooked, drain the pasta in a colander and place in a serving dish, creating a "nest" with the pasta.
- Add the olives and oregano into the bolognese and season to taste. Simmer for another 5-10 minutes. Once cooked, place the bolognese in the middle of the pasta "nest" and garnish with parmesan.