How to roast peppers, removing the skin and seeds.
Points to remember
- Deseed peppers and cut into halves or quarters.
- Oil lightly, then place skin-side up on a baking sheet and grill on high, until the skin blackens and blisters.
- Place the hot peppers in a heat-proof bag and seal tightly. Leave to cool.
- Peel the charred skin from the peppers and use as part of an antipasti plate, a salad or stir through pasta.
- Place the peppers in the bag while hot and make sure to seal completely. The steam that's trapped softens the skin and makes it easy to peel off.