- 1kg potato, cut into large even-sized pieces
The world's favourite root vegetable, the potato comes in innumerable varieties. A member of…
- 3 garlic clove, peeled, left whole
- 4 tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- large handful of soft mixed herb, roughly chopped (we used chives and parsley)
- splash of milk (optional)
One of the most widely used ingredients, milk is often referred to as a complete food. While cow…
Boil the potatoes and garlic in salted water until tender. Drain, return to the pan and steam-dry for a few mins. Mash well, then stir through the crème fraîche, herbs and some seasoning, adding a little milk, if you like, for a softer consistency.