New York Baked Cheesecake
Member recipe by sdgray22
- 12-14 digestive biscuits (crumbled)
- 120grams butter (softened)
- tubs light cream cheese (you need 600grams)
- 300 grams white granulated sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 egg whites
- 250ml single cream
- Crumble the digestives and mix with the softened butter, line the bottom of a springform flan tin (silicone cake dishes work well as the cheesecake is removed easily from them), put in fridge
- Mix together, cream cheese, egg yolks, sugar and cream until you have a thick smooth creamy mixture.
- Beat egg whites until firm and fold in cream cheese mix.
- Pour mixture over the biscuit crumb base.
- Bake at 150C/gas 5 for one hour or until top is lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool for 8 hours (cracks on top of cheesecake are characteristic of this recipe)
- Remove from dish you have baked it in. This luxurious plain cheesecake can be topped with whatever fruit topping you like or left plain. It is very rich.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…