Member recipe by vstothard
- 3tbsp veg oil
- 2 medium cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 lrg onion, chopped
- 1lb stewing steak, cubed
- 3tbsp plain flour
- 3tbsp medium curry powder
- 400ml beef stock
- salt and pepper
- 3tbsp mango chutney
- 75g sultanas
- 200g tin chopped toms
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- Fry the apple and the onion in the vegetable oil until starting to soften. Coat the meat in seasoned flour, add to the frying pan until starting to brown.
- Stir in the stock and bring to the boil. Add the remaining ingredients and bring back to the boil.
- Transfer to the slow cooker and cook on slow for about 5 - 6 hours.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…