Member recipe by barnce78
ServingsServes 1 - 2 Pizzas
A great recipie which will show you how to make your own pizza bases!!
- Pizza Base-In a bowl:
- 500g Strong Flour- white or wholemeal
- 25g Butter/Margerine
- 2 tsp Salt
- In a Jug:
- 13g Dried Yeast/25g Fresh Yeast
- 250ml Tepid (luke warm) water
- 1 tin per pizza chopped tomatoes (drained and chopped)
- 150g cheese (e.g. cheddar,mozzerella, parmazan-your choice)
- then choose from a combination of the following:
- 100g bacon or panchetta
- 100g sliced mushrooms
- 75g tuna
- 100g red/green/yellow pepper
- 100g ham prochettio or salami
- 75g olives, capers, anchovies
- 50g red onion (chopped)
- season salt and pepper
- basil, oregano (fresh, frozen, dried)
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 7/220C
- Measure tepid water in a jug, and add the fresh/dried yeast, stir briskly with a fork to fully disolve.
- Mix the flour and salt in a mixing bowl, rub in margerine/butter.
- Add the yeast liquid and mix to a soft elastic dough, add more tepid water if necassary.
- Kneed thoroughly for 5 minutes until smooth and warm. This is a double batch and half can be frozen at this stage for use later, or leave in a bowl until you are ready to use later.
- Cover dough with oiled polythene and put to rise somewhere warm, but NOT hot, until dough has doubled in size. E.g. airing cupboard.
- Get the dough out and roll out into a large circle and place on a well greased baking tray.
- Spread the drained and chopped tomatoes over the dough, add seasoning and herbs.
- Cover with cheese, grated, sliced or diced. Then cover with your choice of toppings
- Bake for aproximatly 30 minuits, until the base has cooked.