Chilli beef & pepper
Member recipe by vstothard
as with all stir fry dishes, chop the ingredients before you start to cook
- 8oz fillet beef, very thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2tbsp groundnut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2.5cm fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 medium red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into bite-sized chunks
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp hot veg stock
- toss the beef slices in the cornflour and dust off any excess. Heat wok over a high heat and add the groundnut oil. When it is almost smoking, add the garlic, ginger and red chilli and stir quickly for a few seconds. Take care they don't catch. Tip in the beef and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the red pepper and ground black pepper and stir fry until slightly softened, then add the dark and light soy sauces, sesame oil and vegetable stock - they will bubble immediately. tip into bowls and enjoy with plain steamed rice.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…