After Dinner Truffles
Member recipe by hsmith36
ServingsServes 1 - 16 Truffles
Truffles with a difference. They use digestives to make the truffles less rich and more like a biscuit.
- 100g/4oz Digestive Biscuit
- 225g/9oz Chocolate (White, Milk Or Dark Chocolate)
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 50g/2oz Butter
- 50g/2oz Icing Sugar
- Cocoa Powder/Hot Chocolate Powder To Roll The Truffles In(can also use nuts,coconut or sprinkles)
- Crush the digestives by putting them in a sandwich bag and crushing with a rolling pin.
- Melt the chocolate with the milk in a bowl over simmering water. When melted add the butter, icing sugar and digestive biscuits and stir until the butter is melted.
- Leave to chill for 30 minutes.
- Take a teaspoon full of truffle mixture and roll either in your hands or onto a chopping board until round.
- Roll in the your choice of coating. For best results put back in the fridge for 15 minutes.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…