Member recipe by katemcinerny
- 290ml/10fl oz milk
- 30g/1oz butter
- 30g/1oz plain flour
- 2-3 egg yolks depending on size
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard to taste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 55ml/2fl oz brown ail or cider (optional)
- 120g/41/2 oz cheddar cheese grated
- 4 slices of toasted brown bread
- Bring milk to point in separate pan.
- Melt butter, add flour and cook over low heat stirring frequently for two minutes.
- Gradually whisk warmed milk into butter and flour mixture and bring back to boil whisking continually.
- Whisk in egg yoks and return to boil before adding mustard, Worcestershire sauce [andr cider/ale].
- Add grated cheese and stir until smooth.
- Preheat grill. Spread rarebit mixture on one side of toast and grill until golden-brown.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…