Kuzu Guvec with Chestnuts
Member recipe by rorygillies
Delicious lamb stew with tomatoes and chestnuts in a red wine sauce
- 500g lamb (leg or shoulder, boneless), cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 20 pre roasted and shelled chestnuts
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sprig rosemary or 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large heavy based pan. fry the onions and garlic for a minute or two, until the onions are yellow, taking care not to burn the garlic.
- Add the lamb and stir until brown. Add the wine, bring to the boil and reduce by half, about 10 minutes.
- Add the stock, tomatoes, tomato puree, rosemary, bay leaves and salt and pepper and simmer, covered, for about 40 minutes.
- Add the chestnuts and cook for a further 20 minutes uncovered, until the sauce is really thick.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…