Italian Sausage and Bean Stew
Member recipe by lfarrow19
Classic, flavour-packed stew of Italian sausages cooked with beans, celery, onions and Cirio Chopped Tomatoes for a rich and satisfying lunch or dinner
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 8 Italian sausages
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, trimmed and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 400g can Cirio Chopped Tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, drained
- Heat oil in a pan and fry sausages to brown lightly all over.
- Turn down heat and add onion, celery and garlic over gentle heat to soften but not brown.
- Pour over Cirio Chopped Tomatoes and bring to bubbling.
- Season, then turn down to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add sage and bay leaves. Spoon in cannellini beans and stir.
- Season again and cook for another 5 minutes to heat beans.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…