Orange Winter Soup
Member recipe by gabylucy
A thick hearty filling vegan soup based on the colour orange which makes a delicious source of vitamins in the winter. Good for freezer storage.
- 2 large carrots sliced
- 1 medium onion cubed
- 2 cloves of garlic sliced
- 1/4 small pumpkin cubed
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 small golden skinned turnip
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 1/2 litre boiled water
- 3 tbsp soja milk
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- chilly powder or red chilli to taste
- Heat the chopped onions and garlic in a pan, add curry powder and chilli (or not if preferred) and lightly cook.
- Add the chopped tomato, carrots, turnip and pumpkin and stir well.
- Add the boiled water, stock cube, red lentils and rice.
- Leave to simmer for at least half an hour until well cooked, remove from heat and hand blend.
- Stir in soya milk and curry leaves, return to very low heat for 10 minutes, serve hot.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…