Granny's Oat Cakes
Member recipe by samneill
ServingsServes 1 - 24 Bars
- 9oz Margarine
- 12oz rolled oats
- 6oz Demerara sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- Melt the margarine and syrup
- Add sugar to mixture until it is all melted
- Take the saucepan off the heat
- Stir in the oats
- Put them in a non stick baking tin/ grease proof paper - 10 inches by 12 inches
- Put the mixture in the tin - spread it evenly
- Set oven to Gas mark 5 and put in the mixture for 20 minutes
- Take them out and cut it into 24 bars while it is hot
- Leave to cool in tin
- Take it out the tin and eat!!!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…