Crispy Lemon Chicken
Member recipe by foxhay
This is a great American type of fast food the more you taste it the more you want also by using the same recipe but substituting Orange for Lemon you have a sweeter version enjoy and let me know what you think
- 500grams boneless, skinless chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 85g plain flour
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- oil (for frying) + 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- FOR THE GLAZE
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 80ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 spring onion chopped
- 2 lemon segments
- 1/2 tablespoon corn flour
- 60ml hoi sin sauce with five spice (Sharwoods)
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut your chicken into 2 inch pieces and put them into a large bowl. Add in the egg, salt, pepper and oil. Mix it well and set aside.
- In another large bowl, stir in the corn flour and plain flour plus one teaspoon of salt and pepper And mix it well set aside.
- Add the chicken into the flour mix and coat each piece generously. Pour about a 1/2 inch of oil plus the sesame oil into a Wok and set it over high heat. When the temperature is 375 degrees,
- Carefully put some chicken pieces in small batches and fry for 4 minutes Carefully remove the chicken from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain it on paper towels,
- Finish frying the chicken until they're all done. Set aside keep warm and put together your glaze in the next step.
- Method Glaze:
- Let your oil cool slightly in the wok Remove all but 2 tablespoons of oil and put it over medium heat. Saute the minced garlic for a minute, being careful not to burn it
- Add the rest of the ingredients in and bring the mixture to a boil. Add 1/2 tablespoon corn flour mixed with a little cold water Make sure to stir this for 3 minutes
- Reduce the heat and simmer it until a saucy thick glaze is created. Pour the glaze over the chicken and serve! Scatter the Spring onion and lemon segments
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…