Chicken Pasta Bake
Member recipe by idlejade
Chicken Pasta Bake with bacon, onion and mushroom in a creamy sauce.
- 100g Pasta (bows, twists, tubes or shells),
- 4 medium sized mushrooms, peeled and chopped,
- Half an Onion, diced,
- 4/5 rashers of bacon,
- 1 tray of Chicken Goujons,
- 1 jar of creamy tomato sauce,
- 1 jar of white (lasagne) sauce,
- Grated cheese (optional topping),
- Breadcrumbs (optional topping),
- Finely chop onion and mushrooms. Cut bacon and chicken into small pieces. Cook all this in large frying pan. Boil pasta in a saucepan of water for 10/12 mins. Drain and add to frying pan.
- Add creamy tomato sauce (put a little water into empty jar and replace lid and shake. Then add to chicken/pasta). Stir in well.
- Bring back to boil. Reduce heat. Cover with lid and simmer gently for 10 mins. Stir occasionally.
- Grease a large shallow oven proof dish (ie lasagne dish) or smaller individual dishes. Put chicken/pasta into dish and pour a thin layer of white sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and breadcrumbs. TO SERVE : Heat in middle of oven Gas No. 5 for approx 20 mins or when cheese starts to brown. Serve with side salad and garlic bread.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…