Boozy marinaded figs
Member recipe by teresahall
A lovely recipe that can be given away at Xmas as an unusual gift.
- 340g granulated sugar
- 300 ml water
- 50 ml vinegar
- 1 kg (not too ripe figs)
- 200ml (at least) brandy
- Boil the water, vinegar and sugar to make a syrup, about 15 - 20 mins, and let it cool
- Peel the figs, and put them in a bowl.
- Pour over the cooled syrup, and leave for 24 hours. Put a plate on the top, to keep the figs in the syrup.
- Pour the figs and syrup into a saucepan, and simmer for 15 mins.
- Take the figs out, and put into jars, then boil the syrup for another 5 minutes.
- Mix the syrup with the brandy and pour over the figs. Store for at least 2 weeks
- Serve with creme fraiche, vanilla icecream or just whipped cream
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…