Member recipe by harley121202
A tuna pasta bake with a twist. The kids will LOVE this one and can help making it.
- 2 x Tins tuna in brine
- 1 x Tin Campbells condensed mushroom soup
- 1 x Cup frozen petit pois peas
- 1 Pack baby button mushrooms
- 8 Tagliatelli nests
- 6 x Packs salt and vinegar crisps
- Milk (enough to refill the soup tin)
- Salt and Vinegar to serve
- Preheat oven to moderate or about 180c.
- Firstly, cook the tagliatelli as per the packet instructions in boiling salted water. Meanwhile, quarter the mushrooms and fry off for 5 mins or so in a large pan just to brown a little. Then add the soup, refill the can with the milk and add to the pan. Mix well then add the flaked tuna and peas (there is no need to defrost the peas as the heat of the sauce will defrost them in no time at all). Heat for a few mins until the sauce is heated through. Then add 2 packs of the crisps and mix in gently so as not to break them up too much.
- When the pasta is cooked and al dente drain and mix through the sauce. Add to a large ovenproof casserole and put the remaining 4 packs of crisps over the top so it is completely covered. place ijn the oven for 10-15 mins or until the crisps are starting to brown. Serve with a little salt and LOTS of vinegar (if you are brave enough, its better with chilli vinegar)
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…