Courgette and peppers risotto
Member recipe by smc6781
A light and easy vegetarian risotto with white wine and summer vegetables.
- 2 medium courgettes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 200g risotto rice
- 400ml vegetable stock (made with two cubes if using cubes)
- 200ml white wine (or one small bottle) - Australian Chardonnay is recommended
- grated parmesan cheese to serve
- Dice all the vegetables into small similar sized cubes, about 1cm square is best. Heat the oil in a saute pan and then add the vegetables. Stir fry on a fairly high heat until the vegetables are soft.
- Prepare the stock whilst the vegetables cook, then when they are soft add the rice and a third of the stock to the pan. Simmer on a low heat, stirring and letting the rice absorb the stock.
- Once the first third of stock has absorbed add half the white wine, then when the wine has absorbed add the second third of stock. Repeat this process with the remaining wine and stock.
- Once all the wine and stock has been absorbed the rice should be fairly soft and sticky. Serve sprinkled with the grated parmesan.
- This dish serves three adults on its own, or can serve four as a side dish to chicken or fish.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…