Crab Claw Curry
Member recipe by praslin1
- 2kg crab claws
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground dhanyia
- 2tsp curry powder (choose strength according to taste)
- 1 tsp gram masala
- 2 chopped cloves garlic
- Small piece finely chopped fresh ginger
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Break and remove some of the shell around the claws to allow ease of access to crab meat.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large pan (n.b. claws will scratch non stick pans, I use large stainless steel paella pan)
- Add cumin seeds and stir in chopped onions , cook until onions are soft and begin to brown
- Add garlic, ginger, salt and all spices, fry gently for about 5 mins.
- Add chopped tinned tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes
- Add crab claws ensuring all claws are covered in curry sauce, if necessary add enough boiling water to cover
- Bring to boil cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens
- Serve with naan breads or chappati. If you wish you can also serve with plain boiled rice
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…