Bruce's Potato & Pea Curry
Member recipe by kizmax
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground corriander
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 large potatoes - waxy - not floury spuds you don't want them to turn to mush
- sprinkle of poppy seeds
- firstly peel your spuds and then chop them into large chunks, if you cut them too small they will cook too quick and turn to mushy. Par boil your spuds so you can just push a knife into them. Drain off the water.
- Whilst your spuds are par boiling put your oil into a frying pan add your spices and garlic , heat up on a low heat.
- Drain your potatoes and add to your warm spices stir well to ensure they are well coated in spice mix. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees c.
- Cook on a low heat for 5 mins. Then add your frozen peas.stir well. Check spuds with a knife. You don't want to over cook them. Remove from heat tip everything into an oven proof dish (one with a lid is good) put lid on and place in the oven for 10-15 mins you might want to add an egg cup of water.
- Remove from oven sprinkle with poppy seeds and serve yummy !!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…