Risotto with Liver
Member recipe by fairykally
A good hearthy risotto with any Liver of your choice (rabbit, chicken, pork or beef).
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 500 g Alborio Rice
- half lt white wine
- 1&half lt chicken stock
- 300 g asparagus tips
- 300 g frozen peas (petite pois)
- 700 g liver of your choice
- (I used rabbit liver)
- 100 g grated parmesan
- freshly ground pepper
- Fry the garlic in olive oil for a minute. Add the liver and fry turning constantly for about 5 minutes - medium rare. Set aside in a dish and cut up in bite size cubes.
- Melt a knob of butter in a large deep pan, add the onion and garlic and cook until soft. Stir in the rice and mix well.
- Add the wine and stir until it evaporates. Start adding the stock until the rice is almost cooked.
- Add the asparagus tips and peas. Add some freshly ground pepper. Stir continuously. Add the liver with all the juices - the rice should be creamy but firm.
- Add the parmesan just before serving and enjoy.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…