Rhubarb & cinnamon cheesecake
Member recipe by andrewdiment
- 500g rhubarb, chopped
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 175g caster sugar
- 40g stem ginger in syrup, finely chopped
- 50g butter, melted
- 175g SainsburyÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂs ginger nut or digestive biscuits, blended to a fine crumb
- 500g SainsburyÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂs mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 3 medium free-range eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180Â°C, fan 170Â°C, gas 4. Line a 20cm round springform cake tin with baking parchment.
- In a pan, poach the rhubarb with the cinnamon, 100g sugar, ginger, 2â3 tablespoons ginger syrup and 4 tablespoons water for 5â10 minutes or until just tender, stirring occasionally. Strain, reserving the juice. Discard the cinnamon and cool.
- Mix the butter into the biscuits and press down firmly in the base of the tin with the back of a spoon. Chill while you make the topping.
- Whisk together the mascarpone, cornflour, eggs and remaining sugar until smooth. Fold in the rhubarb for a swirl effect and pour into the tin.
- Bake for 60â75 minutes or until pale golden and set. Leave to cool in the tin. Serve drizzled with the reserved rhubarb juice.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…