Member recipe by elaineoconnell
Ground coriander provides a fabulous taste to the Coriander Chicken
- Ã¢ÂÂ¢ 3 lb Skinless chicken pieces
- Ã¢ÂÂ¢ 2 tbsp Ground coriander
- Ã¢ÂÂ¢ 3 Garlic cloves, chopped
- Ã¢ÂÂ¢ 5 Ounces plain yogurt
- Ã¢ÂÂ¢ 1 Chicken stock cube
- Ã¢ÂÂ¢ 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- Ã¢ÂÂ¢ 1 tsp Ground mixed spice
- Ã¢ÂÂ¢ 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- Ã¢ÂÂ¢ 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- Ã¢ÂÂ¢ 4 Fluid ounces warm water
- Ã¢ÂÂ¢ 1 Onion, sliced
- Ã¢ÂÂ¢ 5 tbsp Oil
- Ã¢ÂÂ¢ Salt to taste
- Combine the garlic with the yogurt and pour over the chicken, leave to marinate over night.
- Heat the oil in a pot and saute the onions until golden brown then remove the onion from the pot, set aside
- Fry the coriander, mixed spice, black pepper and turmeric for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and the yogurt and fry the chicken for 5 minutes over medium heat
- Add the chili powder, stock cube, onions, water and salt to taste, then bring it to a boil, reduce the flame and simmer for about 30 minutes
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…