Member recipe by manjulakm
- Burger Ingredients:
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry or 1 bunch fresh cut spinach
- 4 cloves Garlic ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ crushed or minced
- ÃÂÃÂ¼ cup of finely chopped onions
- 1 tbl spn of sun dried tomatoes
- Pinch of red pepper powder
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper as per taste
- 1 pouch of quick cooking oats (regular flavor)
- Assembling Ingredients:
- 2 Avocado ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ cut into slices
- 2 Tomato ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ cut into slices
- 6 whole wheat buns
- 6 slices of any kind of cheese
- Onion slices ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ options ( I donÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂt like it so I dint put that on my burger)
- 2 tbl spn Mayo or butter
- Preheat an outdoor grill or indoor griddle on medium-high heat and lightly oil it.
- While the grill is preheating, mix together all the burger ingredients. And form into 6 patties.
- Cook on preheated grill until no longer pink in the center, 15 to 20 minutes. Take a bun and heat it on grill as well.
- Butter or mayo the bottom part of the bun and assemble the bun according to your taste.
- I layered it with avocado slices, burger, cheese and tomatoes. Enjoy it with cold soda or lemonade and regular potato chips on the side.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…