Honey and Chilli Stir Fry
Member recipe by imabadpixie
- 2 tbsp Peanut oil
- 400g Chicken, cut into bit size pieces or strips
- 3 Table spoons Honey
- 2 Green or red chilli's- deseeded (these can be left out if you don't like any spice)
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 3 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 Heaped teaspoons of smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 300g Vegetable Stir Fry Basics (Sainsburys)
- OR: 3 handfulls Bean Sprouts
- 1 Handful shredded cabbage
- 2 Chopped or corsely grated carrot
- 1 Handfull of mange tout
- 6 Baby corns broken in two
- 1tsp Mace
- 1tsp Corriander (dried is fine)
- 3 tbs Dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 3 nests egg noodles
- Maranade the chicken with the honey, chillis, ginger, garlic, penut butter, salt and pepper. Ideally this should be left in the fridge for around 10 mins.
- After maranading, heat the oil in a large wok and add the chicken, cooking on a medium heat until there is no pink left. While the chicken is cooking, heat a large pan of water until boiling.
- Thrown in the vegetables along with the mace, corriander and dark soy sauce.
- While the vegetables are cooking in the wok, put the noodles into the boiling water and boil for 4 mintues.
- Drain the noodles and add to the wok with the light soy sauce, turning up to a high heat for 1 mintue. Serve.
- As a tasty extra, try spinkling over chopped peanuts or some fresh corriander.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…