Spicy Sweet Lamb
Member recipe by busymummy
Ideal recipe for using up all the bits in the fridge before pay day!
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 4 Lamb Leg Steaks
- 1 onion,chopped
- 3 medium potatoes,chopped into cubes
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 300ml warm water
- 1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp mango chutney
- 4 oz spinach
- Preheat the oven to 150c.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan & lightly brown the lamb steaks on both sides.Then set aside.
- Put the onion,potatoes,& ginger in the pan & cook for 5 mins.
- Add the curry & paprika,then fry for 1 min.Return the lamb to the pan.
- Add the water,chopped tomatoes & chutney & bring to the boil.
- After 5 mins of boiling place in an uncovered casserole dish & cook for 1 hr.Stir in the spinach 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Then serve.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…