Beetroot & feta scones
Member recipe by janerollinson
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 40g butter
- 4 cooked beetroots
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- pinch salt
- 100g feta
- 50ml milk
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan/Gas 7
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Grate 2 of the beetroots and add to the mix with the caraway seeds and the salt.
- Cube the remaining beetroots and the feta into approx 1cm pieces and add to the mix. Use a knife to mix well.
- Slowly add the milk, stirring with the knife until you have a dough. You may not need all the milk; don't make it too sticky.
- Knead the dough until pliable, and then roll out on a floured surface to 2cm thickness.
- Use a 2cm cutter to cut out 12 rounds and place on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 mins. Cool on a baking rack and eat whilst warm.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…