Member recipe by alessandra75
Could a simple lentil's dish be so rich in flavour and healthy? The answer is easy to find...just test it!
- 200g of red lentils
- 1/2 l of hot water
- 2 tbsp of ghee
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp of ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- some finely chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley and thyme
- Heat the ghee in a saucepan. When hot, add the spices and toast for 1 minute.
- Wash the lentils under fresh water. Add them to the ghee. Stir for a minute, then add the hot water and the bay leaf.
- Bring to the boil. Cook over low heat for 25 minutes or until creamy (add more hot water if necessary). Season to taste. Sprinkle with the chopped herbs before serving.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…