Granny Irene's Ginger Crunch
Member recipe by kmarshall
Cooking timePlus 1 hour cooling time
A lovely, moist crunchy flapjack with a hint of ginger - invented by Grandma Irene Bateman.
- 2.5 tbsp golden syrup
- 170g butter
- 170g rolled oats
- 85g castor sugar
- 1.5 tbsp ground ginger
- 0.5 tspn salt
- You can add raisins to this mixture before putting in the oven, OR
- you could add melted chocolate to the ends, as photo.
- you could just leave it plain old Grandma Irene's way!
- Melt butter and syrup in a pan.
- Add dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour into a long dish or shallow baking tray. The smaller the dish, the thicker and chewier the flapjack; the larger the dish the thinner and crispier the flapjack!
- Bake in a moderate oven, 180C/fan 160C/gas 4 for approximately 25 minutes or until golden brown and springy to the touch.
- Score pieces whilst hot, add chocolate if using, and leave to cool in dish.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…