Steak and Ale Broth
Member recipe by aufpet
- 500g Cubed Beef
- 2 1/2 Pints of Beef Stock
- 3/4 pint of Dark Ale (Not Stout)
- 200g Pearl Parley
- 2 Large Carrots, chopped
- 1 Parsnip, chopped
- 1 Swede, chopped
- 1 Small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Leek, chopped
- 150g Button mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 tsp White Pepper
- Put the pearl barley and beef stock in to a large, lidded pan and bring to the boil.
- Leave this overnight to allow the barley to swell
- When ready, begin warming the mixture through, and add all the vegtables, mushrooms and meat, followed by the ale.
- Just before boiling add a dash of white pepper. Turn off the heat and leave to cool for 30 minutes.
- Ladel about a fifth of the broth in to a blender and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the blended mixture back to the broth. Stir in and bring back to the boil.
- Served with buttered granary bread rolls
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…