Aguachile de Camaron
Member recipe by margaretmwilson
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-3 whole serrano peppers
- 1 lb. medium shrimp
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- i medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 1 large avocado
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Fresh tortilla chips
- Combine lime juice, salt and chilies in blender. Process until smooth. May be chopped with knife. Place in large bowl.
- Peel and devein shrimp; cut each in half lengthwise. Add to the marinade along with onion, cucumber and mango. Mix well. refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- To serve, arrange shrimp on a platter. top with onion, cucumber and mango. spoon on some of the liquid. arrange avocado slices around edge of plate. Garnish with cilantro and tortilla chips.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…