Easy fruit malt loaf
Member recipe by cranstoun1
This is a super fast recipe that is simple but yummy in every way..an added bonus kids love it too!!!
- 1 mug of milk
- 1 mug of self raising flour
- 1 mug of shredded bran cereal
- 1 cup of saltans/raisins
- 1/4 mug of sugar
- 4 medium sized strawberrys
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
- In a bowl add together your bran, milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, strawberrys and sultanas. Give a light mix. Then leave overnight or until the bran has lost original form
- Once the bran has absorbed the milk, and has gone like a mushy texture, you can the add your self raising flour and sugar. Mix altogether until all combined with other ingredients
- Put the mixture into buttered, medium sized loaf tin or something similar to this
- Place into a pre heated oven ( 160 degrees c) for 25-30 minutes. Keep testing the minture though!!! You will know it is cooked if you insert a knike blade and when pulled out it is clean.
- Allow to cool then slice and enjoy with butter, or its even yummy on its own
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…