Member recipe by j_harrington
ServingsServes 1 - 25 Squares
Great energy booster, traditionally made in Iceland using Rhubarb jam. Perfect treat for kids and adults alike!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 250 gm non salted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 whole jar of jam (your favourite flavour!)
- Pre heat the oven to 240C/fan 220C/gas 9. Grease a large baking tin (at least 2 inches deep)
- Mix together the oats, flour, sugar, baking powder and butter either by hand or with a food processor until like a dough in consistency. If the mixture is a little dry add a small splash of milk.
- Put half of the dough mix into the pre prepared tin, spread the mixture out and push down. Take care to make sure all the corners are covered.
- Spread the whole jar of jam over the first layer of mixture, it looks like a sandwich cake! Make sure the jam is evenly spread.
- Cover the jam layer evenly with the second half of the mixture. Push down slightly and ensure all the jam is covered.
- Cook at 240C/fan 220C/gas 9 for 10 minutes, then turn the oven down to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3 for 30-40 minutes, until the top has turned a golden colour.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…