Member recipe by traceyrennie
- 8 oz dried mixed fruit
- 8 oz self raising flour
- 4 oz caster sugar
- 1 mug hot black tea
- 2 tablespoons of treacle or marmalade
- 1 egg
- Tip fruit into bowl and pour over hot tea. Cover and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Once tea has been absorbed into fruit then mix together flour, egg, marmalade or treacle if using and sugar. Stir in all fruit and any leftover tea.
- Pour into a lined loaf tin and bake for 1 hour at 180 degrees. Test with a skewer. If it comes out clean it is done if there is mix on it leave for another 5 mins before checking again.
- Serve warm or cold with butter.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…