Delicious Treacle Tart
Member recipe by kellytrainor
Developed by the lovely dairy farmers' wives of Kelly's of Cornwall.
- 6oz shortcrust pastry
- 125g/4oz golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 75-125g/3-4oz fresh white or wholemeal bread crumbs
- Kelly's of Cornwall Clotted Cream Ice Cream
- Use 3/4 pastry line 7in pie plate
- Add lemon juice to syrup and add to breadcrumbs
- Pour filling into pastry. Dampen the edges of the pastry
- Roll out remaining pastry to an oblong 18cm/7in long, cut into 5mm/1/4in strips - there should be 10
- Twist and place lattice fashion across the tart
- Bake for approx 30 mins at gas 6/200C/400
- Fab served with Kelly's of Cornwall ice cream!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…