Simple Strawberry Cheesecake
Member recipe by adamhill92
Cooking time1 hour for base to set, and overnight for the filling to fully set
- For the base
- 250grams Digestive biscuits
- 100g of melted butter
- 600g of soft cheese
- 284ml pot of double cream
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 tin of strawberries in juice
- Icing sugar
- 100g strawberries
- Put the digestive biscuits into a sandwich bag and hit with a rolling pin until you get crumbs.
- Melt the 100g of butter and add this to the breadcrumbs
- Place the butter and crumb mix into your tin and push down with the back of a spoon to compact the base.
- Place this in the fridge for 1 hour to set
- Put the soft cheese and icing sugar into a mixing bowl and mix until smooth
- Add double cream gradually and continue to mix
- Drain the juice from your tinned strawberries and place the strawberries into a bowl. Then using the back of a fork, mash these until they make a puree
- Add the puree to the cheese, sugar and cream and continue to mix until this is fully mixed in
- Spoon this mixture onto your base, ensuring to push down in order to eliminate any air bubbles.
- Place this in the fridge overnight until set. When ready to serve, chop up some starberries to put on top and add a sprinkle of icing sugar
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…