Thai Red Chicken
Member recipe by melaniejhodson
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp thai red curry paste
- 2 tbsp freshly grated and peeled root ginger
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 4 lime leaves
- 225g sweet potato, peeled and diced small
- 600ml coconut milk
- 225g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- jasmine or thai fragrant rice to serve
- Heat oil in a wok. Add sliced chicken and stir fry for 5 mins. Add garlic, curry paste, root ginger, tamarind and lime leaves to wok and stir fry for 1 min.
- Add coconut milk and sweet potato and bring to boil. Allow to bubble over medium heat for 20 mins or until sauce starts to thicken and reduce.
- Add cherry tomatoes and coriander and cook for further 5 mins. Serve hot.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…