Perfect sweet & sour chicken
Member recipe by mrsg192
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 3/4 cup soft brown sugar (177ml)
- 4 Tbs tomato ketchup (59ml)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar (118ml)
- 1 Tbs soy sauce (15ml)
- FOR THE CHICKEN
- 2-3 large boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 cup corn flour (or enough to coat chicken)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil (approx enough to shallow fry in deep frying pan)
- First assemble sauce by whisking together all sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Heat oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Toss half of the chicken into the corn flour and then coat with egg. Repeat until with the remainder of the chicken. In at least two batches, fry the chicken, making sure all sides are brown. Place in an oven proof dish
- Pour sauce over chicken and turn chicken so both sides are coated. Bake for approx 45 mins, making sure to turn chicken over every 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice and veggies, add pineapple or stir fry veg to your taste
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…