- 110g butter
- 40g sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 175g porridge oats
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a tin with a little butter.
- Put the butter, sugar and golden syrup in to a saucepan and put it on low heat and mix till it has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Take it off the heat and add the porridge and the fruit if wanted. Mix well till the oats are coated (if no add a little bit more golden syrup).
- Pour the delicious mixture in to a tin or tray. Flatten down with the back of a spoon.
- Place the flapjack in to the oven for 10 to 20 minutes until golden brown on the top.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…