My Italian Smoked Salmon Pasta
Member recipe by cupcakecrazyxxxx
Italian summer dish. Lashings of smoked salmon that are paired with a creamy white wine,dill and shallot sauce. Trust me its heavenly!!!
- For the sauce:
- 2 tbsps butter
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 shallots,finely chopped
- 175ml dry white wine
- Gulg of double/single cream(about 75ml)
- Fresh dill
- 200g smoked salmon,cut into thin strips
- Salt and pepper
- 400g tagliatelle(or other pasta)
- Heat oil and butter in a saucepan. Add shallots and cook until soft.
- Add white wine to the shallots and simmer to reduce nearly all of the wine, season. Keep warm and place lid on pan.
- Cook pasta according to packet and drain . Pour in the cream to the shallots along with the salmon strips.
- Chop the dill up with scissors and add to pan. Heat until cream starts to boil. Add pasta to pan,stir and serve immediately.
- Serve with the lemon wedges and with warm crusty bread.
- This is a recipe that had been adapted from an Italian recipe. It can be made with any pasta...tagliatelle or penne. Your choice in the picture I have used 'casarecce' but you can use any type.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…