Member recipe by cocopop65
ServingsServes 1 - 20 Squares
- 115g Butter
- 170G Plain flour, sifted
- 60g Light brow soft sugar
- 45g Peanuts finely chopped
- For the topping
- 60g Peanuts roughly chopped
- 45g Demerara sugar
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees celcius 360 degrees fahrenheit or gas mark 4.
- Lightly grease a 20cm baking tray making sure it is evenly covered.
- Rub the butter into the sifted flour until it resembles fine bread crumbs. Stir in the sugar and peanuts.
- Knead the mixture well until it binds together. Press evenly into the tin then prick with a fork.
- Mix the other peanuts and sugar together and sprinkle them on to of the unbaked dough.
- When cool, cut them into 20 squares then place on a baking rack.