Member recipe by dianewalkermcalley
Easy soup with storecupboard ingredients which can also be done quicker in the pressure cooker
- 2 /3 apples chopped
- 1 onion
- 2/3 large carrots chopped
- 2 tblsp of oil
- 2oz plain flour
- 2.5 tblsp curry powder (I use madras)
- 3 pints of veg stock
- 2 tblsp Mango chutney
- 2oz sultanas or raisins
- pinch of sugar
- salt and pepper
- 3 tsp of lemon juice or cider or a wine vinegar (optional)
- Heat oil in pan and cook the apple, onion and carrot till soft.
- Stir in the flour and curry powder to make a paste
- Gradually stir in the stock to the paste.
- Add the Mango Chutney and Dried fruit, sugar and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil until thickened. Simmer for 45 mins until soft. Or in the pressure cooker cook for 8 mins then quickly release the pressure.
- Blend till smooth and adjust seasoning if need be.
- The amount of flour and stock can be adjusted to make a thinner or thicker soup. I make mine quite thin so its easy to drink from a cup when working over lunch.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…