Chorizo and Butterbean Stew
Member recipe by superspatula
- 200g cooking chorizo (sliced)
- 2x 400g tins pre-cooked butterbeans
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 chicken stock cube (crushed)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2-3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- a large handful of fresh baby spinach
- seasoning as required
- Fry the chorizo (no oil is required as the sausages release oil as they cook) with the onion for around 5 minutes until the onion has softened and the chorizo is cooked through.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute then add the butterbeans, tomatoes, the chicken stock cube and oregano. Add half a can of water to the pan and cover with a lid.
- Let the casserole simmer for at least 20 minutes on a very low heat.
- Add the spinach for 2-3 minutes until it has wilted.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread and season as required. The chorizo can be quite salty so taste before seasoning.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…