Member recipe by smaties1226
A really healthy recipe that the whole family will enjoy! It is also suitable for vegetarians!
- 400g tin of mixed beans
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes with garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- To Serve:
- Boiled potatoes or rice
- Wash pepper and beans. Chop up onion and pepper into bite sized pieces.
- Place tin tomatoes, onion, cumin and paprika into blender and blend until smooth.
- Put beans into a saucepan and put sauce in on top. Add in pepper. Stir.
- Simmer the beans for 5 mins with lid on. Take lidd off and simmer for a further 5 mins.
- Serve with rice or boiled potato.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…