Spicy sweetcorn and pasta soup
Member recipe by hanbevmoh
A wholesome, thick and filling soup, with that extra spicy kick to warm you up!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced or crushed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 pinch of chilli flakes (or more as taste suits)
- pinch of salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 750ml vegetable stock *add another 200ml if you prefer your soup to be thin
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tin of chopped tomatos
- 12 tbsp sweetcorn kernels
- 150g pasta shapes
- Small bowl of grated parmesan
- Using a large saucepan, fry the diced onion, garlic and pepper in the oil for 4-5 minutes until soft
- Add the chilli flakes, mixed herbs, salt and pepper and continue to fry for one minute - stirring regularly
- Add the tomato puree, the tin of tomatos and the vegetable stock, stir well and then bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend all the ingredients using a hand blender or food mixer.
- Return the blended soup to the pan and put back on the heat. Add the pasta and sweetcorn and bring back to the boil, when it boils, put a lid on the pan, lower the heat and leave to simmer until pasta is fully cooked - this usually takes between 15 and 20 minutes, depending on the shape and size of the pasta. Stir reguarly throughout the cooking time.
- Serve hot from the pan and sprinkle a little parmesan on the top. Enjoy!
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…