Coffee Cream Caramel
Member recipe by munatycooking
- For the caramel
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- For the cream
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 medium eggs
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons brewed and cold black coffee
- Making the caramel: - In a small saucepan, add sugar and water. - Let it come to a boil on medium heat. - Do not stir the mixture. Just swirl the saucepan to caramelize the sugar evenly. - When golden or light brown, pour the caramel into the ramekins. - Let it cool completely before pouring the cream mixture on top of it. - Place the ramekins in a baking dish.
- In a saucepan, heat the evaporated milk.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with vanilla, coffee, and sugar until creamy and lighter in color.
- While whisking, gradually add the hot milk. Run the mixture through a sieve.
- Pour the cream mixture over the caramel.
- Pour hot water in the baking dish, covering bottom half of the ramekins.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350F/180C for 40 minutes.
- Let the cream caramel cool for 2 minutes. Run a half-inserted knife along the edges of the ramekin. Shake the ramekin lightly then flip it on a serving plate.
- Let it cool and then chill for an hour before serving.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…