Ragi Pancake (Finger millet)
Member recipe by guruparan18
A delicious and nutrious quick preparation of pancake using finger millet, onion and peanuts.
- 1 cup of finger millet (ragi) flour.
- 1 medium red onion, finally diced.
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil
- 2 tbl spoons of peanuts (or peanut butter)
- 1 tsp of salt (for taste)
- optional 1 tsp curry powder.
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup of water
- In a frying pan heat the olive oil and fry diced onions till light brown. Add pepper and curry powder and fry for a minute.
- In a dry bowl, add 1 cup of finger miller powder, salt, peanut and fried onions. Mix them well.
- Add water and knead it a dough. You can make them either to the consistency of pan cake batter or bread batter. Make six equal portions.
- Heat a skillet. Spread the batter in skillet and bake till brown.
- It is better served with brown sugar and hot.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…