Chocolate rum truffles
Member recipe by consierose
ServingsServes 1 - 30 Truffles
a small chocolate great for christmas parties or just with a hot drink!
- 225 grams plain chocolate
- 25 grams unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp rum
- 1tsp single cream
- FOR DIPPING AND COATING
- 150 grams plain chocolate
- 75 grams white chocolate
- break the plain chocolate into small pieces and melt in a bowl over boiling water. remove from heat and stir in the butter, rum and cream.
- leave the mixture until cool enough to handle stirring from time to time. shape into balls and chill for 1 hour
- to dip the truffles melt the plain chocolate as in step one.lower the truffles in one at a time using a dipping fork shake off surplus chocolate them place a little apart on greaseproof paper.
- leave until set them melt the white chocolate and pour into a piping bag and drizzle over the truffles one at a time.
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…