Versatile Microwave Flapjacks
Member recipe by khichri
It is easy to add your personal twist to this basic recipe. I usually add bananas, mango pulp, dates or orange zest, or simply spread caramel and melted chocolate on them. Irresistible! Add sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, dried blueberries, almonds, peanuts or apricots to the mixture before baking to make nutrient rich energy bars.
- 200 g porridge oats
- 100 g butter
- 100 g soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 150 g milk chocolate
- sultanas, nuts or dried fruits, to your liking
- Melt the butter and sugar together in the microwave
- Stir in the honey, sultanas, dried fruit, or nuts of your choice.
- Using a sturdy wooden spoon, stir in the oats. If you're using bananas, smash them lightly and mix thoroughly. The mixture should be soft.
- Tip into a greased microwave-safe baking tray and level it off. Cook on high for about five minutes or until the centre starts to bubble.
- Remove from oven, mark and cut halfway into squares and leave to cool.
- Spread melted chocolate and leave until set.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…