Cheese, Onion and Potato Pasty
Member recipe by goosepa
This cheesy pasty is a delicious alternative to the regular Cornish pasty and is quick and easy to make.
- 450g / 1lb packet puff pastry
- 2 medium potatoes diced small
- 1 medium onion
- 220g / 8oz Cheddar Cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and chop the potato into small chunks and the onion finely chopped and grate the cheese. Finely chop the parsley.
- Mix all the ingredients together well in a bowl.
- Divide the pastry in 4 and roll each piece into a round about 15 cm (6 inches) in diameter.
- Put a quarter of the cheese mixture on each one, dampen the edge with a little water, then fold over and crimp the edges.
- Lay the pasties on a floured baking sheet and brush them with milk or beaten egg.
- Bake them for 45 minutes.
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…